my first exhibit!

This has been about 2 years in the making, but I'm proud to say that some of my fine art is being displayed at Magnolia Foods in Lynchburg, VA- my hometown. Magnolia features artwork from local and regional artists and a LONG time ago, I was added to the exhibit list. My work was originally supposed to be displayed this past October-December and after waiting almost a year for that spot, they realized they had accidentally double booked two artists for the same slot. So, long story short- I played the waiting game again. But all is well with the world and 18 of my fine art prints are now hanging on the walls!

I've always been slightly obsessed with junk: old abandoned buildings, dilapidated sheds and structures, rusty old cars, nuts, bolts, locks, rust... the stuff most people dismiss as an eyesore. I, however, live for this kind of "junk." A lot of my early photography revolved around old cars and locks. Then I added in old buildings, doors and most recently, I began documenting rust patterns. Yes, I said rust. When you photograph rust textures extremely close, they rock! Well, at least I think they rock. Anyways, here are a few of the prints that are on display at Magnolia.





























posted by Amy @ 8:11 PM,

11 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger nicole green said...

those are great! congrats on the exhibit! i wish i lived closer so i could check it out in person. :)

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Move over Jessica Claire, here comes Amy Martin with the fine art masterpieces!! I never knew this about you, how stinking cool. I love them! It's so true, sometimes the ugliest things like rust make the most beautiful pictures. You go girl!!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger abcdef said...

CONGRATS!!!! Amy, that is so awesome. And these are truly some awesome pieces as well.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Chris+Lynn said...

Those are some killer textures, Amy! And I love the shots of the broken down cars. Congrats!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Lisa Walsh said...

I love them all, it's so hard to pick a favorite! Congrats on your first exhibit!

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Jill Higgins said...

YEAHHHH Amy! I remember you telling me about these shots - how cool that they will be on exhibit. I wish it were around here so I could go! :)

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger anna joy said...

OH MY GOSH, these are oustanding!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Adam Squier said...

I love the third one. Almost Rotho-esque, but not quite. ;-) Congratulations on the exhibit.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger serena grace said...

those are awesome! love the colors!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Prema Buck said...

OMG! Too funny...I have the same interest. These are all so beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home