We are Virginia Tech

It's taken me a few days to write this post because my mind still can't comprehend what happened on Monday. More than that, I can't comprehend that it happened at the place where I spent four of the best years of my life. I am a Virginia Tech Hokie through and through and it saddens me that the school I'm so proud of may now be best known for such a negative act of violence. My heart breaks for my fellow Hokie professors, students and families, but I know the strength of my school and its people and we will stand strong in the face of all that's happened.

We are Virginia Tech. The Hokie Nation embraces our own with open heart and hands to those who offer their hearts and minds. We are strong and brave and innocent and unafraid. We are better than we think, not quite what we want to be. We are alive to the imagination and the possibility we will continue to invent the future through our blood and tears, through all this sadness. We are the Hokies. We will prevail, we will prevail. We are Virginia Tech.

-Nikki Giovanni


Anne Ruthmann wrote a blog post that sums up everything else I wanted to say. I encourage you to read it and take it to heart, as I have.

posted by Amy @ 12:18 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home