A Revolution

A couple of months ago, in October, I had the wonderful opportunity to go to New York City for the Revolution workshop, led by Chris + Lynn, Jason Groupp and TJ Cameron.

Back in June, when I photographed Blake and Diane's wedding with Jason Groupp, we chatted about a potential workshop that he was planning. My interest peaked when Jason told me that his friends (and my personal favorite photographers) Chris + Lynn would be joining in to lead the workshop. I told him right then that if the workshop ever came to fruition, I would be there. I mean, a photography workshop led by some amazing photographers... in the fall... in New York City... it was a no-brainer. So when Revolution was officially announced, I signed up. And I'm SO glad I did.

Revolution was such an amazing experience. My passion for photography was renewed, my creative juices flowed abundantly, I made some awesome new friends, and walked away with some great images. It was a win-win-win-win situation. :)

Here are just a few of my favorite images from the workshop. FYI- I'm posting from a different computer, so if my color looks a bit wonky... well, that's why ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I figure I'll address this before it comes up. I DID NOT photoshop these random phrases and words. They were a part of the storefront window.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A totally random moment that I was lucky to catch. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

posted by Amy @ 7:55 PM,

15 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger ~Desiree said...

WOW WOW WOW! Amazing captures! Sounds like the workshop was a blast.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger jamiedelaine said...

Wonderful! Aren't Chris and Lynn amazing? I had the opportunity to meet them for dinner a few months back. They are such great people. I LOVE the shot with the pink and the random words. :) Really neat. Who doesn't like NYC?

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Dave Richards said...

Wow Amy these are gorgeous!!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Oh my goodness! These are gorgeous!!! Seriously, you totally rock :) :)

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Robin DePaula said...

Wow, Amy!!! These are all so beautiful . . . I love your work!!!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger .E. said...

Ohhhh Amy..... These are all wonderful.. I really love them all.. hard to pick favorites

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy wow amy. these are sooooo amazing. your work just blows me away!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

I've been sooooo waiting to see these! They are gorgeous my love! I love the last shot the best with the bridge in the background. Killer portfolio pieces!! Miss you and Merry Christmas to you and your hubby!

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

WOWIE, AMY!! I'm speechless!! I especially love your night shots, of course :) Thank you for checking out my night shots in my blog, too :) Btw, I really really love your work, and I've been checking your blog here and there to help get the inspiration :) Great job on these! Can anyone sign up for that workshop and do you know if they're having another one in '08? :)

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Soul Sisters said...

Hey girl,
I'm jealous - I so wanna go to NYC. Great job - but the bridge shot is awesome!!!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Chris+Lynn said...

Amy - gorgeous work! You've got great talent and energy and vision. It was fabulous to meet you...and remember the TimCo room in Vancouver is always open to you :)
peace+happiness
c+l

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger katy said...

Oh my gosh these are fabulous! Lovely work... sounds like an amazing workshop!

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I love these. Amy! You are awesome!!!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My Goodness!!! Amy, these are the BEST!!! Well worth the wait!!!!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Stacy Cross said...

Amy - you're AMAZINGly talented. Seriously. I am thinking about trying to do the Revolution workshop here in Austin and you have inspired me! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home