Back from the Dominican Republic!

I'm beginning to think it's me.

I've been traveling quite a bit lately and while I'd love to say that my travels have been smooth sailing, to do so would be a lie. I anticipate and accept that there are some things that can go awry and really mess with one's travel equilibrium. Things like getting put in a window seat when you have a slight case of claustrophobia. Things like your room key not working and having to go all the way back to the front desk to get a new key. Things like your room's electricity not working once you actually get a working key. Yes, all of the above happened on my most recent trip to the Dominican Republic and while not ideal, they didn't ruin my day.

However, not having my luggage for the second time in a month tends to bring out the Debbie Downer in me. After a flight, the first thing I want to see is my perpetually overweight-yes, I always seem to pack ten pairs of shoes I never wear- bright orange suitcase come around the baggage carousel. But, as Mick Jagger said so eloquently, you can't always get what you want.

Luckily, my awesome friend Mary Beth Tyson was with me and let me have dibs on pretty much anything in her suitcase. Even more luckily, she packed an extra bathing suit, so I didn't have to succumb to the $100 seashell and sequin adorned thong bikinis which were readily available in the hotel gift shop. ;)

In light of all the mishaps in getting to my most recent destination, the rest of the week was fabulous. Mary Beth and I photographed a great wedding and spent the rest of our time soaking up the sun on a beautiful beach. All in all, I really can't complain! Except to Delta. ;)

Because a post isn't a post without pictures, here's a quick shot I took with my iPhone on the way to DR:



And one Mary Beth took on the way home:




More "real" photos coming soon!

posted by Amy @ 10:16 PM,

6 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Blogger Erin Harvey said...

I guess you can be glad that your airline didn't go out of business... silver lining =)

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see them! :)

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Kimberly Jarman said...

I can't wait to see pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you guys had a good time even though there were a few bumps.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Mary Beth Tyson Photography said...

What the heck!?! Debbie Downer was mentioned before me! :-)

At least you gave me credit for the amazing iphone picture I took. I'm so switching to the iphone camera and ditching the 5D.

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Armin de Fiesta said...

Those airline mishaps makes me hate flying even more! LOL. Glad you guys made it back safe!

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo! I hate to hear about all the mishaps again ... but I hope that all in all that you and Mary Beth had as great of a time shooting our wedding as we did having you there to capture our special day! I am DYING for some pics! lol. Anyway, at least all the towel guys at your resort got to ogle you lovely ladies on a daily basis. :-) We LOVED having you as such a special part of our wedding!!!

Tami & Tom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home